Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The State of Things

Well the last 2 days have been if nothing else, quite interesting. In my last post I had every intention of making pins yesterday, finishing the quilting on the last quilt and making binding for all 6 quilts that must be finished before Saturday morning....not a really large task...oh and I do still have 1 page to finish and a label to put in Donna's book....

Well, I'm sure you've heard the saying about 'the best laid plans of mice and men'....

Yesterday morning I was up bright and early...okay that's a lie, it was just early....i'm NEVER bright first thing in the morning.....I did what everyone does first thing in the morning...I checked my email....not a good thing to do this particular morning....

Amazon.com had left me an email the previous day saying that my order (the majority of my Christmas shopping mind you) was not going to be delivered the 20/21st but would not be making it here until the 23rd. Okay that is inconvenient but doable...I'd just be up all night trying to wrap everything before loading it in the car on the 24th

......(yeah I know but it was early when I ordered this stuff and I told you I'm not too bright in the mornings, so that's why I didn't have the stuff shipped directly to the recipients!!)....

Well to finish the story.....as I said I was checking my email and there was another email from Amazon.com saying that they were having a problem filling my order....this is never good news....the problem was they didn't say what they were having trouble filling either....okay, so I in a manic state proceeded to have major meltdown......I had NOT built in time to deal with problems. So in a wild whirlwind, not unlike Taz the tazmanian devil cartoon that my son-in-law likes so much, I proceeded to shower and fly out the door to do my Christmas shopping. I must say that Gloria T., ever faithful friend that she is, went along with me to keep me focused, calm and straight while we shopped.

4 1/2 hours later, we were finished and packing our faces with a late lunch from Ruby Tuesday!!! I went home, took a short nap, dressed, picked up Margaret and Gloria and went to Sue's for our salad & dessert bee. We had a lot of fun and it was neat to do something different than our usual bee. Unfortunately I will miss the bee scheduled for next week since I'm not in town....boohoo...but I will be seeing the grandkids, kids and all the rest of my family.....

Well that accounts for yesterday, so I should have been making pins, quilting and doing binding and working on the beading on the last page in the book.....key words being 'should have been'....I decided to rearrange the sewing room (doug said 'yeah it needed it since it hasn't been done in 2 weeks....it's been longer than that smarty)....I was fighting with the quilts and decided that the machine needed to be up against the wall so that the quilts wouldn't fall off the side and I wouldn't be fighting with them....sounds reasonable doesn't it????

The problem with this entire theory, is that I NEVER (and I do mean never) do anything the easy way....

The easy way would have been to swap out the loveseat and the sewing machine and be done with the whole thing, right??? Right, BUT, the loveseat space was too small unless I moved the bookcase, which means finding a place for said bookcase....and while I'm at it the curio cabinet could be put in the foyer and the rug should be moved....yada yada yada.....

....oooohhh, and did I mention that ALL of the Christmas presents are now in the sewing room waiting to be wrapped?!?!?!?!? That being said, it's finally all done (well as much as is getting done for now) and I still haven't started doing a darn thing I intended to starting yesterday....oh and the pictures are here for you to see too....even Wilbur and Charlotte were unhappy that mom was spending all day in the sewing room....

I should go get my stuff done now....but the puppies just look so lonely.......hhhhmmmmmm!!!

No comments: