Friday, December 30, 2005

Finished quilts for Sierra and Damon

The Christmas gifts didn't all get completed this year...so what's new...I was able to finish 2 lap quilts, one for my granddaughter, Sierra and the other for my brother, Damon.










Sierra's quilt is the Winnie-the-Pooh panel that was free motion quilted on the Purple Princess...I love that machine!!














The backing is of dragonflies and the binding was machine stitched down with a decorative stitch...much prettier than hand binding.















The larger santa panel bordered in the green check was for Damon. Shouldn't everyone have a Christmas quilt to warm them?? The checkered backing was pieced and the Santa and blocks were echoe quilted. I free motioned stars and squiggles in the background and the borders. Hopefully you can see some of the quilting in the back of the quilt.



















No quilt is complete without being inspected...Spunky is the official quilt checker outer...oops I forgot to tell Damon he may need to wash the quilt first (I didn't have time as it was being completed at 1 am the morning we left for up north) since he is allergic to the inspector!!













Christmas isn't complete without wrapped gifts...most of mine were wrapped by my friend Gloria who helped keep me from having a holiday meltdown (she also was the one who did the emergency shopping with me). Thank heaven for good friends and God certainly has given me an abundance of them!!!

No comments: