Monday, December 19, 2005

Clay Day

Decided to take a change of pace from the quilting to playing in clay. I'm going to try to make pins for Christmas.

So far clay has been baked, rough edges filed and for the first time I am applying a glaze on the finished pieces. We'll see how that works out...if it's a bust and you hear a loud wail you will know it's me....

After they dry I will put them together with some bits and pieces of fabric and ribbon and maybe (okay definetely) some beads....

Here are the pieces I will be working with while they are drying....the larger pieces of leaves and wire were cut down to accomodate the pin jewelry without being so overly large. The butterfly may need a crane to hold it up or I'll just have to give it to a more well endowed friend...lol...Tomorrow I will be back on the quilting.....

No comments: