Friday, April 21, 2006

Continuing Saga of the Tome Girls

The inside of the front and back covers...I just love the sunflower tiedye pattern.



The back finished with the tyvek leaves. I really like working with painting and heating the tyvek until it curls and bubbles. You do have to be very careful that you don't overheat the tyvek or you will wind up with nothing...like *poof* nada, zip, zero, all gone.


I stitched it down after heating the tyvek leaves. Angelina fibers and bits and pieces that were fused together and not used on the girls dresses were torn and placed on the back cover before I attached the tyvek leaves...afterwards halo sulky was used to freemotion the leaves around the tyvek.






















The other day it looked as if the Tome Girls had lost their heads....not really, I just hadn't turned them completely. However, that job was quite the nightmare and instead of the pretty little round heads, they came out with something looking like an alien...



















all fat around the top and emaciated around the cheeks and mouth....kind of like the little guy 'Thor' on Stargate SG-1...NOT ATTRACTIVE IN A STARGAZY TOME GIRL!! So the threads in their heads were cut and then the dilemma of how to finish them off...well after a week I finally just turned them under and sewed around the eges with invisible thread.











Their hair should cover it up but that's another days project as is fixing girl #1's make up...her poor eye was smudged in the head turning episode.






The heavy sulky thread I had originally used was giving me fits in the sewing machine and generally acting ugly, so I replaced it with a purple rayon instead and it sewed just fine...gives a bit of a different appearance but I'm happy with it. I sewed down the center of the machine lace to hold it down onto the dress...a whole lot easier than trying to hand sew it down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many more envelopes have to die before the tyvek insanity stops? Mine looks NOTHING like yours. :P