Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Backyard Flowers























I missed the glory of the azaleas but was able to get pictures of a few later bloomers...

















the red honeysuckle have only just begun to bloom...they are a favorite of the hummingbirds and bloom sporadically throughout the summer months....


















The white iris were from my brother, Damon's, yard in Charlotte. They smell heavenly and are just gorgeous...these pictures almost do justice to the flowers.....





















purple iris came from the over abundance of my mom's garden in Stevensville....















as well as the lambs ears....













violet stragglers which were in their glory several weeks ago came from a friends garden in Centerville, MD and have travelled to Delaware, back to Maryland and then to Georgia with me....they are all over my backyard in what were difficult to get green areas.....














the first blooms of wild strawberries....



















wild columbine from seeds from mom's garden.....
















2 of the plants from my mom....they had gotten too big for her house and after taking them in and out of the house I finally planted them outside...they have come back the last 2 years.....if they can survive Wilbur's digging they should be fine!!






















new growth of monkey plant....
















hosta.....

















wisteria blooms......














some beautiful 'flowering grass' intermingling with the mint....















the pictures have turned out so well I may have to start drawing...oh my, did I say that?!?!!??

1 comment:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

beautiimous flowers...how does doug like his new camera? :>