Thursday, April 13, 2006

Backyard Visitors






Once again I was taking pictures in the backyard...this time mostly of the little visitors that come foraging for food....

Unlike some of my friends who have had problems with them, I love squirrels....

when we lived in Maryland we had one that would get into the rafters, run across the skylights and recline on the railing on the front porch.....

they are bold little fellas, curious by nature and just plain cute as far as I'm concerned.....

we even have ones that will come up to the window in the family room and terrorize the kitty who is not allowed outside....makes Spunky nuts but it's really quite humorous....

For the first time in the 7 years we have lived here, I saw my first bunny rabbit in the back yard....no I did not get a picture of him although I did try....

mostly I was having flashbacks of when I was little and the cat had a bunny and dropped it....I was too afraid to pick it up (my grandmother made me a little neurotic after scrubbing out my mouth when i ate an ant...there was no telling what they would do to me after holding a bunny)...unfortunately the cat was quicker than Dad and grabbed the poor little thing...I will NEVER forget that...horrifying and I was only 6 at the time....

anyway....I wanted to see where the bunny was going and hoping that it was NOT trying to live in the backyard....I do not want puppies finding bunnies....NO NO NO....never did get a picture of the little critter and now I'll be paranoid and neurotic when I let the pups in the backyard...the up side to having dogs is that the neighbor cats tend to stay out of your yard so the wildlife has been a little safer since Wilbur and Charlotte moved in.

No comments: