Saturday, July 22, 2006

Watergarden

Update on the watergarden. Wilbur and Charlotte are drinking from it regularly...yeah, I know it's gross. The fish are doing well and you can actually see through the water to the bottom of the pond. I have 8 fishies now - 5 that weathered the lack of maintenance and the 3 new ones all sporting black with their orange and white. Hopefully the new blood will get some new fish for next year.
The plants around the pond are getting rooted and used to their home. The floating plants are doing well as well as the ones that I hope will root themselves in the rocks of the waterfall. Hopefully the ferns will give a real show next year.












I bought a pretty canna whose striped foliage is gorgeous. This bed will have more dirt added to it but the rocks are keeping it in place until I finish.

No comments: