Thursday, September 01, 2005

Transfered Images






I was working on transfering images onto fabric using transparencies and Golden matte medium onto differnt fabrics. The images printed onto the watercolored cottons were images printed on a regular setting on the copier and came out better in my opinion. the images printed on the peach fabric and the images on silk of the scouts and my mother-in-laws graduation picture were printed using the transparency setting on the copier. All three images came out rather dark and in the future I won't use the transparency setting but the normal copy setting instead. The kitty images were a downsized christmas card printed onto paper. I'm using the matte medium on them and will rub off the paper backing after getting 5 or so coats of the medium on them. Okay, most everyone can understand the oriole images being my mil came from the Baltimore, Maryland area, but they were completely confused about the 'guy in the underwear'. Well for those of you who are/were fans of the Baltimore Orioles, Jim Palmer was the HOT player in the 70's and if I'm not mistaken , the first player to do an 'almost obscene' underwear advertisement. Anyway, Pat was a real fan and even had in her possession (which my sil, Donna now has in her possession) a life sized poster of Jim. Donna doesn't know exactly what this project I'm working on for her for Christmas entails but she had expressed that she wished I could somehow incorporate the poster into the project. Well, not wanting to disappoint anyone, I came across the image and downsized it to put into the fabric book. Hopefully it will get a laugh from Donna when she sees it..!

No comments: