Tuesday, September 20, 2005

still crazy








Now I did say that I'm steady working on this crazy heart and have to have it done in time for our Quilt Show October 21st & 22nd. I took these pictures on Monday night but camera and computer have not been playing well so they are just now getting blogged.

Today, well today was spent running the roads. Oh and did I mention having to run to my husbands work and unlock his car...I'm so glad I'm not the only one who manages to do that. And I was a very nice girl and brought him lunch too. He does nice things for me so sometimes I have the opportunity to reciprocate. I then went and checked on my grandpuppy baby and her little brother who, I might add are quite the pair. She is a pitbull puppy and he is a hotdog puppy. Well the two of them had managed to rip out the screen door and pegboard so I spent a few minutes rescrewing the panel in place and fixing the screen. Finally made it back home and tried to blog the pictures but the camera and the computer were not playing nice...AGAIN!!! Okay, so I got over that trauma, and started plugging in the information to go in the Quilt Show booklet (which I really needed to be doing more than blogging anyway).

In these pics I've sewn down the larger heart with the buttonhole stitch...I really like buttonhole and love the variegated thread that I used. I worked off and on all day yesterday on the spider web, using 6 strands of grey embroidery floss for the larger web strands and wrapping a sparkly monofilament sulkky thread to couch and then make the small er threads. It was a little tedious but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. My favorite so far is working on the weeping willow tree (which is just a trunk and some branches in the darker brown. I used the chain stitch on the trunk since I don't do the satin stitch to any of my own liking. Chain stitch seems to fill in and give it some texture that I like better too. I've also lightly couched down a really pretty ribbon that I will decorate with beads later on.

I've also included pictures of Charlotte, with her mouth full of rawhide and tongue hanging out the side and a picture of Wilbur as he's guarding the steps and watching the front door...they are so entertaining!!


No comments: