Friday, August 12, 2005

Playing with Clay

  1. Another new endeavor has been polymer clay. I was having trouble getting it to harden. Margaret saved the day when she said it was one of the clays I was mixing with. Thank you Margaret!!


  2. Faces are a favorite whether people or cats. I prefer the torn edges over the cut ones though. Gold and Copper rub-ons were put on the lower 2 images. All the stamped images were put in ink before stamping into the clay and baked.


These were overcooked but I like how they turned out anyway. Rub-ons in silver, gold and copper were put on some of the stamped images. I haven't sealed them yet either.

The following turned out much better!! I love the faces and the metallic clays really make a difference. The gold on some of them makes them really cha cha too!! Margaret made a mold of a sun button to make the suns and little faces.

I had no idea that clay could be so versatile either. The stamps and molds that are available are amazing and so much fun too not to mention the pearl, metallic and granite clays that are out there to choose from. All the clays I was using were either Fimo or Sculpey. I used Margaret's stamp of the pink geisha girl which is simply gorgeous with the pearl in it. I'm not sure yet if I will add rub-ons or just how I will finish her to bring out the detail in her image. The ART was stamped in ink before stamping into the clay and baked.


No comments: