Sunday, August 31, 2008

30 Days of Nothing


I saw this challenge to give up something for 30 days on Bumpy Doink's site today. The original challenge came from Owlhaven and stems from being frugal. You can read more on this challenge there. Since I have such an abundance of both yarns and quilting fabric, I will give up buying any of either for the month of September. This will not be easy for me. I am one who succumbs to the word SALE like a flea to a dog. It doesn't matter that I have an entire dresser full of yarn...and a 2 tubs...the illusive yarn that I want for that 'perfect' project will not be in my stash and it will just so happen that it's on sale at xyz.com for 2 days only or some such a thing. The same goes for quilt fabric. Those of you who knit or quilt know exactly what I'm talking about so this really is something I'm giving up. :)

1 comment:

Marjie said...

I've stopped going out for little errands; I figure out what I need from CVS or Amazon and order it. I'm telling you, my dearly beloved is really happy with our checkbook balance these days! (But he encourages me to buy fabric, since I sew my own clothes, the darling...)