Monday, August 11, 2008

Unusual sighting

This trip was full of animal adventures for us. It started with the cows in the roadway on the drive up the mountain to Ille's. (which I didn't get pics of because they startled the snot outta me).

Later that evening there was a bat in the great room with us. Fortunately Ille remembered that we should turn out the lights and turn off the fan and open the door and it would find it's way back outside.














Then on the way to Highlands we saw a mama bear and 2 baby cubs crossing the road. We were so excited!! I've never seen a real live bear in it's natural habitat. Poor thing was more scared by us and slipped as it scrambled up the hillside in front of us. By the time I got my camera ready all I got was baby bear butt...but here it is in all it's glory.


No comments: