Wednesday, February 13, 2008

update on the sewing room

Yes I know I haven't been blogging lately but I've been inundated with this brilliant idea to move my sewing room which turned into a bit of a nightmare (as many good ideas have the tendancy to do..*sigh*).

I actually had gotten as far as the first coat of Country White when I thought to myself (yes I do talk to myself also), why don't I take down these two sloped side sections of ceiling and add them to the wall space???

You see, whoever built this house had the mahvelous (lie, lie, lie) idea of spraying the ceilings in every room with what can only be compared to as a torrent of spitballs covered in paint aka popcorn.

As you can probably tell, I am NOT a fan of spitball covered ceilings to start with, and after spending a day spraying and scraping the ceilings, I can quite honestly tell you that I hate spitball ceilings!!

Today I finally painted the second coat of primer on the two sections and will have to wait until tomorrow to add the color. Hopefully by the end of the day I will have the two coats of color on the walls and can move onto the fun part of trim painting.

Not only have I added extra work with the ceiling/wall I will now have to do the far wall which I was going to leave yellow since I have gotten primer on it, which means moving the bookshelves and all the stuff on them out of the way.....*argh***

No comments: