Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Nighttime Surprise

I cannot believe I almost forgot this picture!! When Sierra and I were leaving her house on our way to my mom and dad's for the night, I was completely startled by the 2 pairs of little eyes in the middle of the lane I was traveling in. It was in a curve and it was too late to swerve to avoid hitting them. I stopped over top of where they had been. They had scurried to the side of the road where I stopped. The size of 7 or 8 week old kittens only puffier they came up to me hissing. I was able to pet one of them before they started waddling off. After calling Kari, she came up to see the little babies too. Neither of us had seen raccoons that small before. They tottered off into the woods, presumably to find their momma. I didn't have the right setting on the camera when i took this picture and it was completely black, but it cleaned up well enough that you can see the babies.

No comments: