I've finally sewed the front and back pieces to their respective linings. The gloves fabric was picked for this years Quilt Show Challenge fabric. I had decided to wait till a few years down the road and take all the challenge fabrics and make one big quilt out of all of them. Then I realized I had gotten 2 packages of the challenge fabric and thought it worked perfectly with the fabrics I chose for the the purse.
The back has been lightly beaded...just the few red flowers is all. Double cretan stitch, feathers in variegated threads and french knots along with a closed buttonhole and chain stitches.
I just love the front of this little bag. The birds are one of my favorite fabrics and I have been wanting to do a wallhanging with them. THis way I got to enjoy them sooner since the wall hanging is still in the que! I've stitched, french knotted and beaded the stew out of it. I just love the way it has turned out and I can hardly wait to finish it. I also plan to put beaded fringe on it at the bottom like my friend Margaret has done with hers. The berries in the tree branches were mostly french knots in variegted yellow and orange threads with a few red beads thrown in.