Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I just loooove the color purple!!!.Doing the Janome happy dance!!!

I'm a truly happy camper...yesterday I got my new Janome 6500!!! Talk about doing the Happy Dance!!! I have been sewing for the last almost 3 years on a Brother machine (which I loved) that I bought at my neighborhood Walmart, to see if I would be sewing machine friendly (previously I had never been...lol..). It was well worth the initial investment but was time to move on up to a 'real' quilting machine....and boy did I get her!!! Still need to go for lessons but am piddling until I do.

These were my grandson, Shawn's, little overall's that I am in the process of converting into a purse for my daughter, Brandy. This way she will be able to carry around a momento of his toddler days and I'm sure he will get quite a giggle out of it too!!

Wilbur has been helping me with the ironing, he's such a good boy!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

love all your quilting and it looks like your boys and dogs are having fun too

Quilts And Pieces said...

what a cute idea to make a purse out of the overalls! She will love it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new machine! Very exciting!