Monday, September 15, 2008

1/2 way point of 30 days


I can't begin to tell you how much money I have saved by not buying yarn but I'm pretty sure however much it was, I spent it at the gas station gouging this weekend. Thankfully I had it to spend. Anyway, I have not bought a single skein of yarn, hank of fiber or any quilting fabric or notion for myself! I did buy 2 sets of dpn's that I needed when I was in Aiken for Aiken's Makin which was right around the corner from Barbara Sue Brodie. I needed the needles and since both of our local in Augusta shops have closed I justified the expenditure by saying I was already there in Aiken anyway and wouldn't be back anytime soon. No reason to make a special trip just for knitting needles now is there?? Besides had I waited and ordered them on the internets I would have bought yarn too just so I could justify the shipping costs. See how my mind works???

ps I did buy material for the OA division of the boy scouts but that was for costumes as a mercy mission that has to be finished by this Friday so it doesn't count either. Pictures later when I'm done.

No comments: