Monday, August 28, 2006

Finished Picture for Damon

Ah yes you may say, but Kim, your sister's birthday was LAST month so how is it that you have finished your brother's birthday present first??? Well the answer to that question is easy, his project was less 'let's try this technique out' and more 'this technique has been proven to work'. So that is why Damon's present is only a matter of a mere week+ late where Misty's is....well, just add a month to that......I hope he likes this.












I took color pictures I had taken at Christmas and settled on the sepia (much warmer looking than the black and white copies were).
I wound up using the excess that I had cut off for framing each individual picture and added it to the other pic for an inside border. I'm pleased with the effect. I wanted to use a cork background (saw it in a Quilting Arts or Stampington magazine) and used the original vellum sheets I had chosen for each and cut them down. All of this was placed in an all glass frame. I had thought about a black frame and I'm sure that would look good too but the only ones I liked were way too small for what i wanted to do. The little scrolls are paper doodles that are covered in pearlex and then embossed and set with the heatgun. I printed out each of their names and their meanings along with short memo about each on vellum paper. The only thing I may possibly change is the vellum if I can find a white or gold vellum pen and use black vellum instead.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

you have been a busy bee...nice pic of the guys...and love the Kylie one....