Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day in Atlanta

After our class we headed next door to the Little European Bakery. We had been told they served sandwiches (in addition to the luscious baked creations they make). Unfortunately there isn't seating there and it was 100 degrees outside. We ate at Jason's and had healthy sandwiches instead. So we headed on into town. Now we have never gone into town before but we wanted to be adventurous for a change!

We headed to Binders Art Supply which was easy to find had we stayed on the right road.













We then headed to Utrecht Art Supply which was considerably more difficult to find. BettyAnn finally called the store to get directions (mapquest is usually pretty good but was not user friendly on this one). After going further in town we finally found it. The roads are considerably narrower in town which makes driving the Durango a bit tedious at times. The crowning insult was in finding out they do not have 'public bathrooms' in the store.
Needless to say, we WON'T be going back. Instead we went to Starbuck's across the street and got a Frappucino while we were there. We did head out of town about an hour or so earlier than normal and were able to get on I-20 much earlier than usual.












However while we were on I-85 I saw the Olympic Flame which I would have had a picture of had I removed the lens off the camera.
I did manage to get a pic of some of the building scape instead, much to the horror of Rachael (who was in the front seat) and BettyAnn. They later said they would have taken the wheel so I could take the picture but I didn't ask them too....heck, I say they never offered. I am quite used to doing several things while driving so this didn't seem too difficult...it wasn't like I had the camera up to my face or anything...geez....

We got to our stop in Conyers, first to Hobby Lobby (which we did NOT close for a change) and then onto Baan Thai for supper.
BettyAnn and Rachael at the Baan Thai...it would have been clearer if BA hadn't been messing around.





No comments: