Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival 2007








May 5th & 6th was the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Mom, Dad and Aunt Betty went with me. I knew it would be crowded but the parents had no clue. They were amazed at how many artsy fartsy people there were there. Wish I could have gotten a picture of the lady who was spinning rabbit fur...she had the big gray bunny in her lap just pulling out it's fur and spinning it as she explained what she was doing...really way cool. I was able to get pictures of other animals though. There was a sheep shearing contest earlier that morning so some of the sheep are nekkid. I was amazed at the varieties that were there and I've only captured a few of the many that were at the festival.

Sheep





















































Alpacas




























and Llamas

By the end of the afternoon I was sick as a dog with my head hanging out the car window as we crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. In Georgia we had dealt with the heavy pollen weeks before but it was in 'full bloom' while I was in Maryland. I went home and barfed and went to bed.












Mom, Dad and Aunt Betty dressed for the luau which I didn't get to attend because of my allergy attack on Saturday at the festival.

No comments: